[LUG] Moving files remotely

I have postfix setup to BCC all incoming/outgoing emails to a local
email account for the reason of archiving. Now the server is being used
a lot this quickly builds up and is wasting disk space. At the moment I
manually tarball Maildir, download and put it somewhere then manually
delete but that's becoming a bit unorganised.

My aim is to move all email files to another server that has more disk
space (daily or weekly). I tried doing this in rsync with a few
arguments such as --delete and --remove-sent-files but it produced some
odd results, sometimes with both the source/destination files getting
deleted.

Can anyone suggest a good way of doing this? Will rsync suffice (I know
its technically not synchronising)?. I don't want any files at the
destination to be deleted (although dovecot seems to uniquely number
emails so that shouldn't be an issue). I want all emails from a certain
directory sent to a remote directory and then removed from the source.

Cheers,

Gibbs