Re: [LUG] Old films

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Sorry if this a bit off topic.

Having a clear out today and came across some old double-eight films. That was before super eight came out. So far I haven't come across the old projector, but when I do I am not sure if it will work. As for replacing the bulb if I need to .... !! Among others there is a film of my wedding. No video in those days.

So is there anything I can do to enable me to view these on my computer? Any ideas gratefully received.

How many reels?

It's not that expensive if you really want to keep it.... e.g. from the first hit on google:

http://www.cineconversions.co.uk/cine-transfer-price.html

make sure they know it's from double-8 stock which runs at 16fps.

Gordon