Re: [LUG] Adsl routers and port 81

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:29:58 +0100
Kevin Lucas wrote:

> Hi all
> can anyone say what I need to see my internal PC running apache if I
> know my external Ip
> I seem to have port 80 open but I just get the router admin page and
> not the Virtual Server when I connect to the Ip
>
> I have Firewall on
> DMZ on / or off it makes no difference,
> and Virtual Server set to map http port 80 to my internal fixed Ip
> DO I need DYDNS?
> DO I need to set the ACL?
> or Is my ISP causing the error
> Any ideas?
>
> The end game is just to see a security cam on port 81 of the webserver

You need to make it so incoming traffic gets to your router on port 80
and then your router forwards it to your server's IP.

You can do this with standard port-forwarding, but not all domestic
routers support this, or if you want to setup a "de-militarized
zone" (DMZ) you can, and put your server in the DMZ's IP address range.

You only need Dynamic DNS if you plan on having your system accessible
from a domain name rather than just a public IP.

Grant.