Re: [LUG] Would anyone have a use for ...

Hi Gordon,

Yes please, I could use a couple, with or
without Win XP.
Looks like you should have no probs
disposing of these.

Regards etc,
Ray.

Message----
>From: gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx
>Date:
18/08/2011 18:42
>To: "Devon/Cornwall GNU LUG"<list@dcglug.
org.uk>
>Subj: [LUG] Would anyone have a use for ...
>

>... about a dozen small PCs running XP. They're 'shuttle'
type cases (so
>mini ITX motherboard - I think they're
P4's with 512MB of RAM and an 80GB
>IDE drive, but I don't
have the exact spec.

>Just enquiring as they're about to
be replaced with modern ones (running
>win-7) - these are
out of a primary school FWIW and have flat-screen

>monitors. I suspect the IT company doing the replacing
will want to get
>rid of them as a job lot though.
>
>And
sadly, it's really really not worth the effort trying to
get the
>school to recycle them into Linux boxes. They
want shiny new Win, and