Re: [LUG] Need evidence why Linux doesn't need AntiVirus

On 19/07/11 11:08, simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just use clamav - it doesn’t get in the way - just uses a bit of
bandwidth to update and you can set it scanning every now and then. Mail
- I would hope they would scan that at the exchange...
Its easier to 'comply' than argue.
My main objection is against AV that gets in the way and slows things
down. If ClamAV is nice and lightweight then I'll go with that. Granted,
this is much easier than arguing.

Thanks.
Simon

Even proprietary virus scanners on Linux tend to be reasonably lightweight (they seem to be forks of server versions with a GUI slapped on most of the time from what I've seen).

Also +1 for ClamAV.

Gibbs