Re: [LUG] flyer

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

On 13/07/11 10:10, Rhia Knowles wrote:
Just be aware, as I discovered last night Libreoffice 3.4.1 will not
save to a .docx, it crashes and eats all your work.
It also has a similar problem with .doc files, where it goes into an
infinite loop, uses 100% CPU and will not save the file.

That cost me many hours of work last night, which I didnt need when
those assignments are already overdue :(

Yep it seems it's a known bug, looking through the bug reports they don't seem to be in any of a hurry to fix it :-P

Maybe it might be a good idea to create the document in OpenDocument format and then when it's complete then save it as a PDF (or .doc file, if you can, I presume from your Facebook post earlier that you've installed Abiword?).

LaTeX, a decent editor and produce PDFs.

Gordon