Re: [LUG] Gimp-2.7.1 from source on Ubuntu

Quoting Gibbs <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 05:33 +0000, Adam Latham wrote:
Just thought I'd share this one:

http://blog.bloke.com/2010/06/howto-build-gimp-2-7-1-from-source-step-by-step-ubuntu/

</SNIP for Brevity>

Just nice to find one simple enough for me and that works without making my brain bleed!

Adam
Message sent using BlackBerryÂ

Compiling is easy, people new to it with no programming experience just
trip up when there are missing dependencies most of the time.

Yup, my usual problem - along with prefixes and other such compile time variables. Easily solved though... just a bit of reading.

You can also try 2.7.2 which has been out since April IIRC.

Tried it. Compiled fine but I got the gegl and babl dependencies from some odd places (can't remember why!) I just fancied something a bit more upstream than the official repos, but not right at the sharp end. So 2.7.1 it was. I like it!

Gibbs