Re: [LUG] [OT]the open disc

On 03/07/11 17:13, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 03/07/11 12:02, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> has anyone got an idea what has happened to the opendisc project
>>
>> The latest cd is clearly out of date 10.12, and there is no indication
>> as to when a new cd is out.
>>
>> http://www.theopendisc.com/
>>
>> perhaps someone has heard of something or perhaps its moved,   It's
>> rather irritating it would be useful to be able to give people an up to
>> date cd of open source software, as this cd is a good introduction and
>> perhaps stepping stone to Ubuntu,
>>
>> Paul
>>

> From what I understand the project is pretty much one guy doing all the
> work, or it was a couple of years ago.
>
> It actually does take a lot of effort to keep the CD up todate including
> making sure the screen shots are still valid and that applications work
> etc.
>
> I know when I was working on the custom one it was a load of work
> updating the applications and creating pages and screenshots for
> additional applications.
>
> If you look at The Open Disc web site it does have a list of the
> applications and links to their web sites if you want anything more up
> to date.
>
> Rob

Ok thanks

Yeah I am aware its a lot of work, however it is nice to know if
projects are still going

I also know they had a major server fail at some point and I get the
feeling they may not have recovered fully from that,

paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day