Re: [LUG] Yet more perl jobs in cornwall

On 30 June 2011 00:28, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29/06/11 21:44, Aaron Trevena wrote:
>

>> Development is on a LAMPPP (Linux, Apache, Postgres, Mysql, Perl,
>> Python) platform/stack for blue chip clients, in our shiny new office
>> at the Pool Innovation Centre in Pool (and yes the superfast broadband
>> lives up to it's name).
>>

> If I knew how to program in Perl and my kids had left home I'd have jumped
> at the chance.  I really like that area (well, a bit further down the road
> in Hayle).

Perl could be a handy skill to have right now.. I can think of half a
dozen big shops looking to fill between 5 and 20 perl developer roles
each at the moment in the UK, as well as booking.com in the 'dam that
are still trying to add 20 perl developers to their team :)

> I'm sure if you posted the advantages of the lovely beaches near by then
> you'll get a few offers :-)

Nearest beach is portreath, but the guys who started the business are
very keen on porthtowan and the blue bar, or aggie and the driftwood -
I missed a beach bbq for the teams at UKNetWeb and HeadForwards last
night on one of the coves near St Agnes.. hoping to go to the bluebar
or a pub overlooking the beach in portreath for lunch this week or
next to welcome our most recent recruit.

some of us have also been running around the woods and mine trails
around carn brea and tuckingmill at lunchtime, which is quite nice -
planning to do a nice run from through Tehidy woods up to the cliff
path to Hell's Mouth, and back next week too.

Definately making the most of the location :)

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk