Re: [LUG] adult teacher training

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:36:09 +0100
Paul Sutton wrote:

> Ok this came up recently in a response by myself to the subject
>
> http://www.cityandguilds7303.co.uk/
>
> essentially what is (or seems to be) required in order to teach
> adults,
>
> If the course is run internally (as in lug members to lug members)
> then there is clearly little requirement,  if we want to teach the
> public then there is.
>
> anyway info on the site,
>
> Paul

It should be noted, then, that I hold a PGCE in PCET - Post Compulsory
Education & Training.  I am already qualified to provide teaching
and/or training to any age group from 16+.  I also hold a current CRB
(although I am tempted to fork out for my own rather than one held
under the College's title) and I am a registered member of the IfL
(Institute for Learning).  I could be wrong, but I believe there are a
couple of others on the list in a similar position.

Just FYI. ;)

Grant.