Re: [LUG] scratch programming environment

On 20/06/2011 13:21, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

is anyone using this

http://scratch.mit.edu/

its a simple programming environment where you can drag / drop control and programming elements to produce simple (and in some cases more complex) programs,

just wondered if any schools other than Churston are using it?

Paul

My kids primary is using it in year 5 after I installed it on their network. I was introduced to it at a seminar given by Miles Berry @ BETT, my eldest loves and has made several little games for himself and friends.

IIRC there is a 'follow-on' - GREENFOOT which teaches Java using similar methods.

Dave