[LUG] Wireless netbook works perfectly in one location; but not another... ?

Hi Folks :-)

The situation:-

Location 1 (Virgin broadband).
1 x Desktop computer successfully connected to internet via wifi.
1 x Netbook unable to browse web pages using same wifi connection as
desktop. *Able* to ping URLs, but unable to browse to them? :-s

Location 2 (talk talk broadband).
1 x *same* netbook connects effortlessly and is able to browse web
pages.

Each location has a different wireless router. The router at the problem
location (1) is a netgear dgn1000. The netbook OS is Xubuntu 11.04.
Browser is firefox. A speedtest (.net) of the wireless desktop at
location 1 = 1.8 mbps (down); 0.7 mbps (up). With the net book connected
to the talktalk wireless at location 2, speedtest (.net) = 4.5 Mbps
(down); 0.65 Mbps (up).

Not sure how much of this info is relevant/useful?

Currently, I am at a different location to the net book. But will post
any requested info here shortly...

This is probably something fairly simple? Unfortunately my networking
knowledge is rubbish :-s Any help greatly appreciated. :-)

Many thanks
Best wishes
roly :-)