Re: [LUG] Mounting

WHo owns the files on the disk?

And do you already have an entry in /etc/fstab for root?

look for the line with type  fuse or ntfs in it

if so comment it our with a #

is the system using fuse?

I have from the mount command

gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/kevin/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon
(rw,nosuid,nodev,user=kevin)

then if I open a NTFS disk I get asked for the password... then

this is added to the mount

gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/kevin/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon
(rw,nosuid,nodev,user=kevin)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/New SATA disk type fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096,default_permissions)

with this I can read write to the mounted disk

But I do Need a PW to mount it.