[LUG] Torbay Freecycle 'Cafe' on Facebook

Hi folks,

Torbay Freecycle have recently launched a 'cafe' page on Facebook. From what I understand it is a place where Freecyclers can post about businesses, charities and other such organisations...

Here's a snippit from the rules...

"A cafe may serve as a forum where members can show community appreciation; ask for information on local services, businesses, charities, nonprofit organizations; give members a chance to volunteer with Freecycle or other area groups, e.g. set up a table for volunteers wanted; allow members to post links in the Links section to their businesses or set up a database for this purpose.

Members should not sell on list, but may "hook up" off list."

I've already joined the group and I have e-mailed one of the admins to ask if we can post details of LUG meetings in Torbay (I limited it to Torbay as it's Torbay Freecycle, but I'm sure there would be other Freecycle Facebook groups covering the other areas across Devon & Cornwall). I've also asked if I could post some links to Free Software such as LibreOffice, Firefox, Tuxpaint, The Gimp etc.

I figure if anything it will help spread awareness about Free Software and maybe even let folks know about the LUG and what we offer (I did say that we can provide free CDs of Free Software, I'm thinking maybe distro CDs and copies of The Open Disc).

So if you're interested in joining, you can find the group here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_206751389368383&notif_t=group_r2j

Rob