Re: [LUG] error 500 with FF

On 14/06/11 12:37, James Kilty wrote:

> I tried to get a form uploaded to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
> and got this error using FF 3.6.17 instead of the recommended IE8. The
> details are

My browser doesn't recognise the certificate authority, so I'd run away
immediately.

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> org.apache.jsp.indianVisaReg_jsp._jspService(indianVisaReg_jsp.java:590)
>     org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:68)
>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
>
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:376)
>

> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
>     org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
>
> Is there something I can do about this? Like some java download for
> Ubuntu 10.04.

This is server side Java. NullPointerException is pretty generic as
error in the Java Language implementation go.

So you could try using IE8, or you could consider that their system is
so misconfigured that it is leaking error messages to you, as even if it
is genuine it will probably leak your details to identity thieves just
as readily. Is there a paper based system, I'd opt for that.