Re: [LUG] Need an old computer for good home

did you get a computer or do you still need one.#
alex

From: Joe Buckle <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 10 June 2011, 20:50
Subject: Re: [LUG] Need an old computer for good home

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 19:49 +0100, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> A volunteer for a charity needs a computer at home for email and basic
> browsing. Presumably Openoffice as well
>
> Does anyone have an old PC / monitor that they need to get rid of that is
> capable of running Thunderbird, firefox and openoffice.
>
> I think the charity itself is hoping to give him one of their old PCs in a
> couple of weeks time or so, but any offers gratefully received.
>
> If any please reply offlist, and I can collect.

I have in my possession a rescued Dell Latitude (pretty bad hardware
spec) that I've got working using FreeBSD and Gnome. It has evolution
mail (could possibly be upgraded to thunderbird) open office and firefox
installed.

You can have it if you want. I am in Paignton tomorrow for the LUG
meeting I can bring it down. It might need a bit more of a going through
though, i haven't had time.

Regards

Joe