Re: [LUG] Fwd: Web giants promote new IP system

On 08/06/2011, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Julian Hall wrote:
>
>> 'Web giants promote new IPv6 internet address system.  The biggest ever
>> test
>> of the internet's new address system is taking place.'
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13685772
>
> Last time I tried to get all enthusiastic about IPv6 here, I got the
> impression that no-one cared..
>
> The Regsiter has a 6-page special on it too - but they aren't IPv6
> enabled!
>
> The Beeb is though - quite cool to:
>
> www.bbc.net.uk has IPv6 address 2001:4b10:bbc::1
>
> And while I was hoping that I'd be IPv6 enabled by now, my hosting company
> haven't gotten their act together yet, despite promises, so it'll be
> another few months, however if I have time today I might put up an AAAA
> record for my own website and run it on my home ADSL line (which is IPv6
> enabled!)
>
> Gordon

NTP pool is now IPv6 enabled (made it with a couple of hours to spare)
http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/#news

So if you have IPv6 you can add 'server 2.pool.ntp.org' to your ntp.conf file
and it is being left switched on after today (unlike some of the other sites)

best regards
Dave

--
http://www.morgad.co.uk/index.html