Re: [LUG] re-finding console on awake from hibernate

On 05/06/11 10:59, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, tom wrote:

After awakening from hibernate I have consoles that are still running but I cant regain control of them - they've disappeared from the desktop. I cant remember how to get back in charge of them ...

Are these "consoles" xterms (or equivalent)?

If so, I've not had any issues from my laptop (the only device I have which will hibernate). However if I'm running ssh in them to a remote server, then the connection drops (as I expect it to) maybe that's the problem?

Hard to know what you mean by 'console' though. I only have one "console" on all my Unix/Linux boxes, but lots of terminals to the same system(s) so terminology might be awry here...

Gordon

No - its just several gnome-terminals that were on the desktop when hibernated have not re-appeared but the process that were running in them are still running but I cant find them on any of the desktops and seem to remember there was a way to re-attach to them but I'm at a loss..
Tom te tom te tom