[LUG] Printer driver - more help needed -

As I have mentioned before I upgraded to the new Ubunto 11.04 and on the whole after changing v back to the Ubunto classic desktop it has gone well - inc. Libre Office after a somewhat complicated way of changing default settings. I can't get Launchpad to recognise me!! i.e. to confirm by e-mail and register me so I am asking any of you.

However my printer HP Laser Jet 1018 will not stay installed. Every time I switch on it asks to re-install the proprietary driver. At first I just cancelled this and sometimes it worked. I had problems before with the earlier Ubunto but often by switching the printer on and off it worked - and sometimes it needed in the properties for the policies section to be enabled - this enabling sometimes but not always became unticked.

Now however I have to re-install completely every time. I have to enter my password to give me authentication then install putting y and enter then d and enter to download wait for download then y again to say I accept the conditions - and then eventually the printer works. Before all this all I can get is the queue for jobs saying processing but it will not print without re-installing.

How do I get the driver to stay installed??

If you can solve that one, maybe someone out there can get my Brother DCP-315 CN scanner/copier printer to work with linux!!! I have some time ago been in email correspondence with  Brither Japan but although I have downloaded the correct driver it won't actually installed!!! But if I can get my HP laserJet to work that would be a great help.
--
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)