[LUG] OT: Need to borrow Wacom Penabled Pen

Hi all,

Several weeks ago I bought a ThinkPad X41 Tablet. It's all very nice, in great condition and working well. Except for one thing, the tablet part is registering as a 'click' from over an inch away from the screen, which makes it unusable.

I haven't been able to fix this in Windows or Linux. The Linux Wacom driver reports that this tablet does not support the 'pen distance' setting, so there's nothing I can do on the software side. A firmware update hasn't fixed it either.

I really don't want to send this back if I can possibly get it working. It's been suggested on the Linux ThinkPad mailing list that it could just be the pen at fault. I tried the pen from my sister's Bamboo tablet, but that doesn't do anything. Apparently it needs to be a 'penabled' pen.

Does anybody nearish to Tavistock have a pen that I could borrow for 30 seconds? Even if you don't know if it's 'penabled' or not, I'm willing to try anything at this point, any pens from other tablet PCs or external graphics tablets. I will drive to your door at your convenience.

Thanks.
Simon