Re: [LUG] PC/Linux emulator in Javascript

On 18/05/11 23:15, Rob Beard wrote:
On 18/05/11 09:23, tom wrote:

On of the terrifying possibilities of this is the fact that it could be
used to get Windows to work on arm!
Tom te tom te tom

You're right, DOS 6.22, Windows 3.11 for Workgroups, TCP/IP stack and Netscape Navigator in Firefox!

Rob

I was actually alluding to the fact MS cant get 'real' windows to run on the ARM. They dont seem to have the know how. W8 will run on the ARM (for a loose definition of run I would imagine) but that really is a new version of windows and wont run legacy software. The PC/Linux emulator does however have an x86 emulator as part of it so in theory legacy software (and x86 versions of windows) could be run on it. Its not a great leap to convert the emulator to a very fast byte code equivalent and then MS could allow you to run legacy software in the browser - and charge you two windows licenses in one go!
Tom te tom te tom