Re: [LUG] lug meet saturday

On 05/05/11 21:15, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Whos going to the lug meet on saturday (exeter)

I mentioned it clashes with DigPen II.

If I can sort childcare I'll be at DigPen II, on the grounds that anyone
here likely to offer me some more work probably knows who I am already.

It may be I can't afford to be looking after my little boy 5 days a week
and only working two for much longer, of course if someone can offer
Faye a better job that would work out even better! She was the one who
did all the organisation for our largest GLUG meetings at Exeter, one of
her previous bosses compared her to Radar in M.A.S.H because she was so
efficient at organising things. In a sane world people would be offering
her far more for that sort of talent (and speaking English, French and
German) than for my IT skills.

Stranger still this talent appears to be genetic in origin. My two year
old son can't even tell me how old he is, or when his birthday is, or
even what his full name is, but he can unerringly tell me what I've
forgotten to pack when we are getting in the car for a trip.