[LUG] hello again

I have just rejoined after a break so I thought I might say hi. It
feels good to be back and see some familiar names. By a strange twist
of fate I am in the photo on the web site home page; I'm the one on the
left.

The discussion about Windows is interesting. I've recently agreed to
help a local club with a database, written for Access. I detest Access
and even with a textbook I can't understand it so I used mdbexport to
migrate the whole thing to MySQL and with a little help from C and php
and emacs I can do whatever I like with it. What will happen if I have
to give up though? My wife says "oh, just tell them to use Linux."

Tony Sumner