Re: [LUG] ssh and programs (not) continuing to run

On 27 Apr, 2011, at 7:59 pm, James Fidell wrote:

You're not *really* an emacs geek unless it's your login shell :)

If I could, I would. :-) I did try CLISP...

For those who are frustrated by the inflexibility of their chosen shell, emacs comes with one called 'eshell'. It runs inside an emacs buffer (window, roughly). It's written in emacs lisp and fully customizable -- that is, all built-ins are modifiable to suit your taste and work habits, not just the usual aliases and completions. Smarter globbing, regexps, transparent ssh host-switching by ordinary 'cd'... it's a different level.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63