Re: [LUG] Slow Ubuntu

On 26/04/11 10:12, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
Hi

I have a problem with Ubuntu on my lappy. It is so slow, impossibly slow. However if I close down and start again it is OK.

I assume there is a little flag somewhere saying if something has not been done for 24 hours, do it now. It resets the countdown, tries to do whatever it is it should do, and gets its knickers in a twist trying.

I share stuff using google and cloud, so this could be the issue though I do not see it on any of the others.

Thanks in advice for any tips.

Peter

open a console and run 'top' - this gives a pretty good view of the system and may turn up the problem - you may wish to open the console early on so you can get to top quickly!
Tom te tom te tom