-----Original message-----
From: Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011, 22:39:46 GMT+01:00
Re: [LUG] php mysql help

On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 21:09 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2011, Kevin Lucas wrote:
>
> > Hi all hope you are enjoying this Easter sunshine break?
>
> No rest for the wicked...
> (and we had thunder here earlier!)
>
> > //but I get a ,' left at the end so the query wont run
> >
> > So is there an easier way of collecting the string together with commas
> > between and delimited by ' ' ?
>
> If all else fails, use brute force:
>
> $x = "" ;
> foreach ($_POST ['box'] as $y)
> if ($x == "")
> $x = $y ;
> else
> $x .= ",'" . $y . "'" ;
>
> $x = "(" . $x . ")" ;
>
> etc. (untested, use at your own risk, etc. and it's probably advisable to
> make sure _POST ['box'] isn't empty or the foreach might whinge).
>
> And I hope you're validating the POST data before sending to to mysql
> though... (little bobby tables and all that)
>
> Gordon

Getting close
thanks Gordon

this is the o/p from all the four methods with yours first
I need to put a ' before and after first item

(70765,'XM411','BP10891')

get the checkboxes in a while list
you have chosen '70765','XM411','BP10891',

implode results(70765,XM411,BP10891)

loop round count of checkboxes and add comma
('70765','XM411','BP10891',')

Do you know why the query fails with alpha chars?

--
Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)