Re: [LUG] OSS DTP ... (ie. Publisher looka-a-likes)

On 23/04/11 21:45, Rob Beard wrote:

If she still can't get on with any of those she could take a look at
Serif PagePlus SE which is available for Windows. It's been a few years
since I used PagePlus but it was reasonably good. I'd suggest getting it
from Tucows though rather than Serif's site who insist you register an
account (they had a habit of spamming me with daily offers and wouldn't
remove my e-mail address from their records).

http://www.tucows.com/preview/826706

In fact I'm going to see if I can get it running in Wine (doing a google
search seems to suggest PagePlus 9 works fine on Wine, if you can find it).

Okay I downloaded it and gave it a try, it freezes on a Serif Registration box and then crashes. So doesn't work in Wine. Could still be worth looking at though if she really can't get on with anything else.

Rob