Re: [LUG] OT: Webcam with Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit driver

On 23/04/11 09:00, Neil Stone wrote:

> Microsoft Webcams actually work really well, both in Linux AND Windows..
>
> I have a lifecam nx6000.. includes microphone.

Microsoft also know how to charge for the web cams.

Have to say Microsoft hardware is usually good, although it looks like
they see selling web cams as another chance to encourage you to use
their various online services (grr).

Found Logitech C120 (which is Windows 7 compatible) for under Â6
including delivery - for the purposes it will be put to this is probably
fine and there is a reasonable expectation it can be simply plugged in
and work (which is the most important thing since it isn't being
delivered here).

No microphone alas so shipping my old microphone which is worth rather
more than the web cam - still better than it cluttering my office.

 Simon