Re: [LUG] OT: Comparing oil, gas and electricity

On 22 April 2011 20:05, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:52:13 +0100
Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Kai,

> thing that annoys me is central heating. The main house uses oil and
> oil prices have gone up, I'm not sure by how much since I haven taken

Fuel oil prices go up and down like a yo-yo.  Last winter it went from
40p per litre to 80p in a matter of a few days.  Why?  Panic buying
because of the snow.  Some people were getting deliveries of less than
100l to fill up their 2500l tanks, FFS!

> that over, though last season my parents complained was difficult
> getting deliveries which was annoying for me.

Possibly snow related?  We simply can't cope with it in the UK.
Laughable, I know.

Best time to buy fuel oil is when the sun's shining.  Also, buy 1000l+ at
a time as you get a better price.  Assuming, of course, your oil tank can
take that much and you bank balance can stand it.

--
 Regards  _
Success defined by acquisition stinks

I have a family of 4 we have a ground source heat pump and we pay £280 a quarter. £290 in winter. Thats with 1000w watts of reptile equipment on  pulse stats 24 hours a day. A big old CRT television on most of the day. Washing machine and dishwasher on once a day and 1 laptop and 2 desktops on most of the day. Stand alone cheapy beko cooker for an hour at least a day.

The only problem is it costs about £3k to install bit once its done its great. We leave it on constantly and never run out of hot water and your heating doesn't really cost anything either.