[LUG] video cam

Can anyone of you help? I have just installed Skype (amazingly easy!) and have bought a (cheap) mic and webcam. It says it is for Skype but it is obviously made to be recognised by Windows. The mic works perfectly and is plugged into the sound card but the cam is into USB port. How do I get my Linux (Ubunto) to recognise or find the cam (I would have thought a cam would go into a graphics/video card!?) or how to find a driver. It may be impossible but it would be nice if it would work: at least the mic works excellently.

It is called a TRIXES Webcam and has numbers which may only be order numbers X0000ESUWH : WEBCAM: 5060188010937

--
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)