[LUG] Gnome 3

I've been playing about with Fedora 15 and have to say I'm impressed
with Gnome 3. Ubuntu is my primary OS and I don't like the direction
with Unity and haven't liked KDE for a long time so I was expecting to
be disappointed with Gnome 3.

I'm not really one for screen effects, global menus, docks etc etc. I
just want an environment to get things done as quickly as possible when
outside of a CLI, the reason I used Gnome 2. Using Gnome 3 you can tell
a lot of thought and effort has gone into the new workflow.

With that said it does feel as if things are a bit forced on you at the
moment. Once it matures and can be configured more I think Gnome 3 will
be a massive improvement.

Anyone else had a play about with it?

Gibbs