Re: [LUG] Broadband & phone

On 10/04/11 11:01, Kai Hendry wrote:

So the St. Tudy exchange - Market 1 (no LLU) and no FTTC either. So speeds
up to 8Mb in and up to 823Kb out, depending on line distance.

It's a stone throw away, so it should be really good compared to me at
http://prazefarm.co.uk/

You'd think so, but just because it's not far doesn't mean the line doesn't go a mile down the road. My Dad for instance lives about 50 metres from the local exchange but his line goes down the road and back rather than directly from the exchange to his house and he syncs at about 7Mbit (so I wouldn't be surprised if his line isn't that great either.

My mum on the other hand lives further away and gets a quicker speed (although to be fair she is on ADSL2+ with O2 where my dad seems to be on ADSL1 with Talktalk so it's not a like for like comparison).

Rob