Re: [LUG] Num Loclk key - again

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:39:23 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> didn't work. One comment was that KDE does have problems with num lock.

That was me.   :-)

> Today I happened to try to use it for the first time and found that in
> fact the numeric keypad is set to numbers, as requested, but the light
> is off!! When I pressed the num lock key to get the light to come on
> the pad reverts to non numeric.

Yes, I've had such things occur.  NumLock workings have varied from the
above (i.e. inverse operation) to completely normal (as they are,
ATM)(0) to a situation where the first time you press NumLock, it toggles
the light, but doesn't /actually/ alter the state of NumLock.

(0)  There's been a KDE update today in Debian so the working
correctly status may change at next boot.

--
 Regards  _
Go away, come back, go away, come back