Re: [LUG] Formal Linux Courses

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Dave Foxcroft <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 21/03/2011 15:47, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
On 21/03/2011 08:26, Roland Tarver wrote:
http://ht.ly/4is3b

This course has come up here before. I must admit I am very tempted after my
current studies are over.

Unless, some one here has a better suggestion? (and that excludes anything
cheeky lol :-p)

Best wishes
roly

Hi All

I took the course last year... if you have any experience using Linux/Unix then IMHO .. don't waste your money !

Sign up for Comptia/LPI  instead!

Dave

Forgot to add that despite the OU's claims, you will NOT be ready to take the LPI exams after taking this course...not even close!

Dave

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments :-)

Gordon : sorry about the link. Was not aware of those pitfalls. Much still to learn.... :-s.

Paul : I thought similarly. :-)

Tom : book marked ta :-)

Dave :  That's very useful experience - thank you. If I do a course in the future perhaps it will *not* be the OU one.

Best wishes
roly :-)