Re: [LUG] Firefox search bar problem

On 13/03/11 22:41, tom wrote:
On 13/03/11 18:20, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:28:39 +0000
tom<tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello tom,

I found it but its deactivated (greyed out)
Gubber.  Never seen that before.  You might have to take a sledge hammer
to it all;  Rename your prefs dir, start FF to get a default set up,
then copy bits of your preference across until you find the bit that
breaks.

I've created a new user and gone in there. The plain FF as installed through Ubu repositories has the same problem. Disabling the Ubuntu FF mods addon removes Ask.com leaving no choice at all.

Running a fresh binary doesnt have the problem so I guess Ubuntu have been infiltrated....
Tom te tom te tom

Turns out to be this problem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-zh-hans-base/+bug/732768
Tom te tom te tom