Re: [LUG] Lighthouse Friday

On 09/03/11 22:02, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 09/03/11 19:49, Rob Beard wrote:
On 09/03/11 19:31, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I will be down the lighthouse on Friday from about 12ish, if people want
to join me to do a bit more on the computers they are welcome to.

Will probably be leaving at about 15:00 or 15:30.

When i get in I will try and log in to IRC so people know I am there.

You need to enter via the side entrance(fire escape)

Will let people know to expect some lug members may turn up.

Paul

So we're still doing stuff at the Lighthouse then?  I was under the
impression that they didn't want our help (judging by that guy not
turning up and Ally not really paying any attention to what you was
saying to her).

Alas I'm working so I can't make it.

Rob
He didn't turn up as he was busy at home, and ended up doing other
things so could not make it, Mark also thought he was coming down.

To be fair he is also there all day, he did apologise for not being
there (to me anyway)   I am still involved, as its local,  so it's more
off my own back.

Okay fair enough, it's just a bit frustrating that he didn't let anyone know (or if he did, that no one bothered to tell us so we didn't hang around like we did).

As I am also working with a young person to do  IT related stuff then it
fits in with that.

Okay.

As have said before the internet cafe part has not been a priority as
they are a music venue firstly,

Yep, my point is though that Ally was playing with her camera when you was speaking to her which came across as ignorant on her part. Sure she may not have understood what you was talking about but the least she could have done is shown you some interest.

If anyone has any other ideas regarding who we can help then they can
take a lead in doing something,  so far no one has come up with anything.

Well I'm hoping to get a bit more involved with Surestart and the little project there, which at the moment is two laptops. IF they are okay with it I might be able to get a donation of some more machines for them (although these will be standalone P3 laptops running things like Tuxpaint for the kids to use, maybe with some sort of network printer, possibly a wireless inkjet which can be setup easily and packed away for easy storage/transport).

I am doing stuff, if people want to join in they are welcome to,  If
people want to go find another project somewhere then that is fine, but
someone needs to
a) take a lead
b) dedicate a lot of time to it.

I'm quite limited for time at the moment, got lots going on and I'm pretty stretched at the mo.

Rob