Re: [LUG] How safe is online banking from a general-use (surfing, email, work etc) linux computer?

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16/02/11 10:25, Martijn Grooten wrote:
>>
>> (Thankfully, GMail is now offering 2-factor authorisation, which
>> should make it pretty safe. It's not unbreakable, but assuming people
>> aren't after _your_ account in particular, it will help a great deal
>> that other accounts are a lot easier to break into.)
>
> Great, I'd asked for this from Google previously. Seems it isn't
> available for my account yet, I assume one or more of the features I use
> haven't been integrated yet.
>
>  Simon
>
> --

Hi Folks,

Thank you very much for all your interesting replies to this one. Once
more, I certainly learnt a few things.

I have a card reader thing too. From what people have said I think I
will continue on-line banking on my usual linux desktop and perhaps
use a different browser if feeling a bit twitchy.

Many thanks
Best wishes
roly :-)