Re: [LUG] Mac or Windows

On 01/03/11 15:01, John Horne wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 12:44 +0000, linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just witnessed a Windows users mock a Mac user (apparently its meant to be
the other way round). I was just thinking that if I was forced into the
choice I would probably choose Windows on the basis it runs on more
things, is less expensive and seems slightly less commercial on the user
(if that's possible).

Hopefully it would never come to that but I am curious what other Linux
users would opt for in that situation.

I have a Linux PC (at home and work), and a MacBook at home as well. I
got the Mac from ebay, more out of curiosity than anything.

However, several colleagues at work have ditched their Windows PC/laptop
in favour of Macs (MacBook Pros it seems). I suspect that if you ran
Windows then after a while you may well want to change to a Mac too? :-)

John.

I have an old iMac G3 in the loft and various PCs running Windows XP, Windows 7 and Linux. Out of them all I'd want a Linux box, but if I was stuck with a choice of Windows or Mac I think I'd probably go for a Windows machine (if I was paying for it anyway).

A friend of mine has got a newer x86 based MacBook and although it isn't bad, it feels cheap and plasticy and over way over priced for what he paid for it, for starters it doesn't have a DVD drive, just a CDRW drive!

Rob