[LUG] Debian e-mail server

Hi folks,

I'm looking at implementing a new e-mail server. I want something that is light on resources and I figure that my existing SME Server is a bit overkill (especially since it also has Samba, Apache, MySQL etc in there all taking up resources).

My existing mail files are in Maildir format so I'd like to be able to transfer them over. I gather that Dovecot would be a good option for this.

I'd also like to be able to pick up mails from my web host via POP3, pick up mail from the server via IMAPS and send mail to the server (which is then sends on to my web host's SMTP server) via SMTP over SSL (is that SMTPS? It's port 465 anyway).

I've done some searching this evening and I've found lots of ways of doing it but I'm not sure the best way of going about it.

It's basically going to be setup for a couple of users, I don't need anything too complicated, I'd rather keep it simple if possible.

I wasn't sure if I should use postfix, sendmail, exim, dovecot, courier-imap or what?

(I gather I'll probably need Fetchmail to pick up the mail though).

So I wondered if anyone knew of any guides for Debian 6?

Ta,

Rob