Re: [LUG] 90,000,000

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> Operating income (loss)              31 Dec 06     30 Sep 10
> Entertainment and Devices Division        -302           382

> Figures are in USD m for the three months ending on the dates specified.
> Operating income excludes items such as tax and is not formally defined in
> the way "Profit" is.

I assume this is effectively before tax profit by area. Interesting, I saw
some discussion of how big Entertainment and Devices Division has become
in terms of revenue, guess it is less profitable. Wonder if that is
because they take a hit on the hardware upfront? Presumably the games
console vendors walk a fine line between not wanting to release a must
have upgrade, and wanting to release a must have upgrade if they subsidize
hardware.