Re: [LUG] HMRC and Adobe Acrobat

On 17/02/11 12:48, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Adobe Acrobat Forms aren't very well interpreted by any other PDF reader.

Concur, but all read only PDFs from HMRC open in evince.

Forms for VAT man and HMRC you deal with by print out and then copy your
transmittal letter to your MP stating this delays payment of tax to
government and when will they sort out the position against EU rules of
supporting a specific company without competition and that it is
discriminatory by class (I.e class of those who do not support Adobe ,
but leave that unstated) . It raises a few questions.

Aside , Adobe works with Linux and they have a free reader for Linux,
which I have used, regret I only answer HMRC forms from Wintel as my
accounts are locked to a Wintel and MS Office  system by the author of
bookkeeping program - it does not export except to MS Excel            .
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald