Re: [LUG] computer on US quiz show

On 17/02/11 12:59, Paul Sutton wrote:
> I guess every one has seen the news report on the computer on the US
> quiz show, i did a quick google and its running Linux
>
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/7294/1/

IBM Power7 can currently run; AIX, IBM i, or GNU/Linux.

So I'm guessing there really wasn't much of a contest given the plethora
of code available for GNU/Linux.

That SuSE also has the best benchmark results is a bonus, but I bet they
had better things to do that spend time porting code to AIX which would
compile under SuSE without modification.

The natural language understanding of the Watson software was fantastic,
I love that it gets the joke answers (Obama's Lamas) before the humans
as well as simply getting the factual answers.