Re: [LUG] Alienware survey: Would you want a machine with Linux on.

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 20:19 +0000, colin james wrote:

> Alienware is Dell these days. Dell bought them a couple of years ago
> and there was a noticeable drop in build quality immediately. Even so
> Alienware are still Dells top of the range gaming computers.

I had actually temporarily forgotten about Dell buying Alienware.
Still worth while ticking a few boxes and showing an interest in more
retail presence of Linux on new machines.

Heck, I couldn't even find the Ubuntu machines on Dell's website when I
was ordering one for my mum, I had to google it to find it on the Dell
site o_O.

> I would personally rather have one of the Cray personal computers Dell
> sell with Linux on.

Wouldn't we all ;)

I'm still in the honeymoon period with my beast ordered OS free from
Overclockers though :P

--
John
http://subbass.blogspot.com/