Re: [LUG] libreoffice

On 01/02/11 17:17, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have heard about libreoffice recently. Can anyone suggest to me why
anyone would install it in preference to Open Office? Is it just another
choice?

That is if anyone has tried it,

TIA

Neil

Well it has more features than OpenOffice such as importing PDF files and support for Microsoft Works files (something which is a real problem for some folks who get a free bundled copy of MS Works with a PC).

Other than that there are no issues with Oracle as there has been with say Java and Open Solaris.

I haven't made the switch yet, next time I need to install OpenOffice on Windows I'm going to install LibreOffice, on my laptop though I'll upgrade with the distro.

Rob