Re: [LUG] Playing flash

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, george wrote:

I have a computer that is prone to crashing.  It has a twin core 64 bit AMD
processor, nothing posh, running Mint Debian.

Using Gnome System monitor to watch the processor and running Iplayer on the
BBC web site both cores run at near 100% and then Firefox crashes,
repeatedly.  Running the same thing in Epiphany the cores are still at 100%
but it doesn't crash.

The processor cooler isn't even warm.  I've run the memory tests - OK. Any
suggestions for the next step while I go down to Wetherspoons for a curry?

cpuburn - ie. burnBX, burmMMX, etc.

Run one per core.

Gordon