Re: [LUG] Oz is sinking - in more ways than one...

On 19/01/11 08:41, Gordon Henderson wrote:

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/245276,australia-mandates-microsofts-open-office-xml.aspx

/. story:

  http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=11/01/19/0059209

Gordon

I pointed out on their comments side that the way 'round' this is to have only one copy of ms office in the whole company. You set it up as a service to convert ODF to OOXML - even a simple 2ghz pc can convert thousands of documents a day like this. Mail it in, it converts it and sends it back. You can then proofread with the free viewers - not that I've ever tried - or use simple image comparison software.
Tom te tom te tom