Re: [LUG] OTish: Android keyboard apps

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:58
Subject: Re: [LUG] OTish: Android keyboard apps

On 13 Jan, 2011, at 3:04 pm, Rob Beard wrote:

> I've just got a new Android phone which is great apart from an issue
> with SSHing to Linux boxes.
>
> Basically being a bit lazy I tend to use a lot of tab completion and
> it appears that the Android keyboard doesn't have a tab option
> (although I understand that since it's a Samsung phone it could just
> be this keyboard app).
>
> So I wondered if anyone knew of either a keyboard app that supported
> tab or an alternative SSH app (I'm using Irssi Connect Bot at the
> moment).

RTFM
Tab = ^I = Ctrl-I = ASCII 9
Ctrl-<KEY> on Android is obtained differently depending whether your
device has a hardware keyboard or a virtual one.
It's all there in ConnectBot's help.

--
Phil Hudson

I found that ConnectBot on my Android tablet displays an option for CTRL when I tap on the screen.

Now if only I could find a nice, easy way to install a better local shell environment on it.

Grant.