Re: [LUG] debian linux help

On 27/12/10 14:21, edwin rhodes wrote:
Hello I have just installed debian linux and have a dumb terminal that I
would like to connect to com 1 serial port on the linux box, so I can
get a serial login on the terminal. I know I need to edit /etc/inittab
to add lines for the getty but I don’t know the correct syntax to use,
please could somone advise me on setting up a serial console login.

Thanks,
Ed

Been a while since I've done it but this might help...

http://www.howtoforge.com/setting_up_a_serial_console

(Remember, Google is your friend, failing that you can always go to the dark side and try Bing).

Rob