Re: [LUG] Linux/Unix commands in Tron Legacy!

Went to see Tron legacy last night and several scenes show a Unix like operating system. ÂHe issues a ps -ef | grep and brings up his /bin/history which contains some kill -9 etc! I don't know about you guys but I love to see Unix in films!

Yeah, I saw that. Something I missed though was that acording to Tron Guy (who I'm ready to accept as an authoritative source on these matters), the console he was working on was a reasonably accurate SunOS 4.0.1 X console. Cutting edge stuff in 1989...

What strikes me as weird though is that if it wasn't 100% accurate, that means they didn't just pull a sun box out of mothballs or use an emulator or something, that would mean they created a prop to and tried their best make it look like a sun console.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/12/tron-guy-reviews-tron-legacy/

... Actually, rereading the article, he says the only blooper was the machine type read i386, so they probably did just run a copy of SunOS it in a VM or something.