Re: [LUG] Using a Garmin Forerunner with ANT+ in ubuntu

Hi Brad,

Thanks for response, was wondering if I was on my own here :)

I have the garmin-forerunner-tools installed, I will investigate down that route.  For my forerunner there is no direct link into the device itself, it completely relies on the wireless connection between the usb dongle/stick and the watch itself.  I have seen several posts on the web point towards gpsbabel, I will give these a go..

Thanks again..

On 10 December 2010 21:20, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:39:45 +0000
Gareth <auxinelectro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gareth,

> What I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting gant to work?

gant won't pull data from your Forerunner, unless I've misunderstood
what gant is from reading the package description (in Debian repos).

Here, plugging my Garmin GPS into the USB port elicits no response from
the computer, I have to run software to detect it.  I use GPSMan and/or
GPSBabel, depending on what I intend to do.  In Debian, there's also
garmin-forerunner-tools which pulls sports specific data from
Forerunners.  Look for something of a similar name in Ubuntu.  The
package contains a few program to pull data from the Forerunner and then
process it in various ways, including generating the XML data required
for input into gant.

--
 Regards  _
Go away, come back, go away, come back